Thinking about ALL of the relationships that are out there, I realize one thing. The only reason we build relationships with others is for selfish reasons.
Whether it's just for the companionship or if we believe we will get something out of it. We think, "How can being in a relationship with this person benefit me?" I don't believe this is something that we consciously think about. Well... some of us might... but it's still interesting to think about.
I don't know that this works so well with family members because we're born into that relationship. There is probably some sort of selfishness in that as well.
Think about who your friends are and what you get out of being friends with them. I'll bet you'll realize that you are being a little selfish.
Kind of makes you feel bad and thankful at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment