As I was searching for something in my junk drawer, I came across a notepad. On that notepad was something I needed reminded of.
Let me explain.
A little over a year ago, I started reading a book titled, Are You the One For Me? Kind of corny sounding. Yes. I know. I bought it because I thought it would help me understand who I was so I could be ready for the right person when they came along. The book is interactive and kind of works as a workbook. There were quite a few exercises that needed to be written down.
This is where the notebook comes in.
One of these exercises requires the reader to write down all of the things they disliked about past partners they were in a serious relationship with and after writing them all down, you look to see any similarities.
Ultimately, everyone who is still searching for that "someone" is probably having a hard time because they keep seeking out the same person.
A friend of mine told me just recently that I put up with a lot more than I should and that I do it to the point of getting hurt most of the time. This time I'm stopping it. I'm not going to put up with this cow poo.
I'm living for me and no one else.
I'm seeking happiness for myself, not through others.
No comments:
Post a Comment