Started writing this at work the other day (appears as though I'm getting more and more time to do whatever I want at work). It's not completely finished yet, but I thought I'd post what I have so far.
This morning I woke up to the sound of my ipod playing a song that immediately got me thinking about something.
The song was about someone being sorry and begging for their lover to take them back. I thought... that's what I wanted. Then I thought... that's what most women want. Give me a minute and I'll explain.
I then got to thinking about an episode of Dexter where Dex and Rita break up. (If you're not a Dexter watcher... you need to hop on the boat). Rita tells Dex to leave. He does. When he gets back to his apartment, his sister Deb is there. She tells Dex that he's a "fucking dumb ass" and that he needs to go back because that is what Rita really wants. Deb was right. Not just about Rita, but about the majority of women.
I'm about to unleash a secret, which once said is going to seem obvious.
What do women want?
They want to be needed.
They want to feel needed.
They want someone to need them.
No matter how you word it, it's all the same.
Sound simple and complicated at the same time?
Well... that's a woman. :o)
The way that women go about getting what they want is where things start getting complicated or confusing.
Some women choose men that they know are going to be dependent on them. Some women choose to jump from man to man because in the very first moments of attraction, the woman feels wanted and therefore needed.
If you look at any woman's actions, you can find that at the root of it, there is a want to be needed.
Returning to the previous example from Dexter, women do this a lot. They want the man to run back to them. To women, this is one of the greatest displays of dependence a man can show. It's giving the man freedom to choose and proving that she is really what the man needs. It's almost like a little test that women constantly place on men. This is, by no means, a good thing. As a woman, I know that I am guilty of it myself. Women will continue to do this though because of their innate desire to be needed.
Perhaps it has something to do with the maternal nature that women are born with or that are placed on them from the world around them. Nature vs. nurture.
With this said, women tend to make themselves the victims of broken relationships. The men are the reasons for breaking their hearts, when the reality is that it is the woman's need to be needed and the preconceptions that women have about men that are the real cause of broken relationships.
I do not claim that this is ALWAYS the case, but I believe that this is what happens the majority of the time.
Women and/or the media have created this image of men that portrays them as emotionless individuals that are almost incapable of remotely feeling anything similar to what women feel. They are pigs and they are not to be trusted.
I have to disagree with this image that is being portrayed. Men have the same wants and needs as women. We are all human. Men and women just have a different way of showing emotion and do different things to get what they want.
That is where I left it. I have LOADS more to say on this but feel that sleep is more important at this time. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment