Most of us have been there before... A teacher or professor requires you to keep a journal for the class. When this happens, we tend to complain and b.s. the whole thing.
Well, many, many years ago (geez... I think it was 2002! How time flies!!) when I was attending COD my Acting professor required the students to keep a journal. I decided to take this task seriously because he put a little spin on the way that we were to write our journals. There was a mission in mind. We actually had journal entries to choose from and missions to accomplish.
Being who I am, I tend not to throw things away.
In my "Day Twenty-Six" I chose to write about "Little Joys in My Life".
It's amazing how many things change but how many things stay the same.
Here is the entry:
"This may not seem like a joy to you, but every time I think of it, it makes me smile. When I was in high school, my mom would always put on my make-up for school dances. Well, when it came time for her to put on the lip liner we would both burst into laughter. I don't know why it was so funny, but it was and I think back to that as a joy. I don't remember my mom laughing that much in so long.
Another joy is when I walk out to my car to find that someone has left me a note. When someone takes the time to think of you and write you a note, it is very special.
Another joy is being able to sleep and wake up with the person that you love sleeping next to.
Sitting down in the living room and watching a movie with the whole family.
When my family are all together for dinner.
When I put my music on full blast and my mom and I dance to it as we clean the house.
When I go on car rides with my dad because during those times he tells me about what's going on in his life.
When I get to read a book by the fireplace during winter.
When I find out that one of my coworkers has been dieing to talk to me at work and they attack me with words upon arrival.
When I go to sleep thinking that I won't have anything to eat for breakfast, but when I wake up I find that my mom has made me some waffles.
These are only a few things that bring joy to my life... there are a billion more, but I don't want to bore you!"
As I read this journal entry I couldn't help but smile when I remembered these things taking place.
It's SO very important to remember the little joys that happen in our lives. Those joys are the things that keep us going when we're down.
Finding this journal has inspired me to do some of the things it asked to do. I don't want to share what it is yet, cause I don't want to give it away. :o)
I challenge you to think about this.
What are some of the little joys in your life?
No comments:
Post a Comment